20 September 2008

- Gâteau Framboise (Raspberry Cake)

Greetings Friends,

I see my pups have started a blog. I thought I'd chime in too. Tonight they went running at my parents' place where five acres of woods and a meandering creek remind them why they are glad to be dogs. Meanwhile, we people had dinner and a light and pleasant dessert. It was cheating - not from scratch - but yummy just the same. I had an angel food cake from the store and my dad (who the pups call the elder man) had a pint or more of fresh-picked raspberries. I cooked up some vanilla pudding and here's how a most delectable treat came together.

Gâteau Framboise (Raspberry Cake)

1 angel food cake
4 cups of vanilla pudding (just cooked and still warm)
1 pint of raspberries
sugar (optional)

Crush the raspberries with sugar, if desired, or use whole if they have nice presentation. Cut the angel food cake into generous slices - 5 inches thick. Then cut in half to 2-1/2 inches thick. Pour warm pudding over one slice of cake, top with another. Pour pudding over the second slice and top with raspberries. A sprig of mint or other green would be lovely to add.

For my dad's second piece, we put the raspberry sauce in the bowl first, topped it with cake followed by pudding and it was prettier even than the first combo.

Later I'll include my favorite homemade pudding recipe.

Off to sleep like the hounds who went before me.

love and the usual adoration,
Susan (the Person, also known as "Me")